Brussels Blog
Sunday, January 29, 2006
  Rapport tat-Temp

This has to be a quick one because Blogger has been playing up this weekend.

1) To gybexi who wanted a weather report - Bnazzi, xemxi, rih hafif mit-tramuntana (ara ritratt fuq)

2) I've been listening to Belgian alternative rock band Vive la Fete's latest album all weekend. Described by one magazine as "sexy, fun, un groupe qui ne se prend pas trop au serieux". Cool stuff, eccentric and very hot vocals.

3) Just Chill in Brussels, episode 4 is out courtesy of Malta's own restaurant critic, columnist and general bon viveur. The jolly man took the trouble to inform us that he was in Brussels for an exhibition of (politically-backed) Maltese art, going on to describe one of his customary culinary romps. Problem being that he couldn't be arsed to remember the name of the restaurant, let alone the exact dish consumed. He even managed to get the name of the district severely bollocksed. But cheers for the info anyway. In these times of renewed socio-linguistic tension, I look forward to the interpretations on this gentleman's slips.

4) It seems that bloggers are pre-empting certain discussions at a national level. Or, at least, simply getting there before the rest of the punters. This 'unusual' article by Charles Flores (who also mentions a 'popular blog' (probably Robert's?) here) made me wonder. Maybe Toni's right.
 
Comments:
While I appreciate Charles Flores' acknowledgement of humour, I've never found his columns the funniest. I think he just misses Sylvanus and Mariella's Diary.
As for the "popular blog", he is clearly referring to mine,though admittedly I didn't raise the issue he wrote about. However, the statistics speak for themselves. Literally handfuls of people visit my blog, every day.
 
Flores' articles aren't exactly side-splittingly funny, I agree. But that wasn't ze point, as you know.

Well at least you've got some of the most avant-garde members of the cutting edge liberal elite reading your blog, Vlad. It's a start, huh? ;-)

Preventive clarifying note for the public: when I say "avant garde members of the cutting edge liberal elite", I'm being ironic, not serious.
 
He didn't get that from my blog. I don't remember blogging about that report or getting the comment he mentions. Too busy keeping the Maltese happy otherwise.
 
Bongu Toni - I meant you may be right about the readership issue.

Podcasts as the new Prozac? Cool.
 
bedankt séb.. erm.. david :p

qed nassumi mill-geysers li hemm warajk li hemmhekk l-Islanda.

jew?
 
Wrong answer, bex. Hemm fil-gnien tieghi nhar is-Sibt li ghadda.
 
I get it now. Sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake. Which reminds me: I thought I'd hear more from you about the readership issue after I blogged about it. What gives? Did I miss something?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
TOUT EST KITCH, SI L'ON VEUT.

ARCHIVES
May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / November 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Mit-18 ta' Dicembru 2005
Free Web Counter
Friends, Bloggers, (mainly) Countrymen
  • Fool's Cap - Malta's intelligentsia laid bare
  • J'accuse - Probably, Malta's most popular blog
  • Pierre J. Mejlak - Maltese literature spreads its wings
  • Toni Sant - In the beginning there was Toni
  • Wired Temples - Malta as centre of the universe
  • Il-Blobb tas-Sibt Filghaxija - Immanuel Mifsud
  • Xifer - Hibernating on the Edge
  • Triq il-Maqluba - Il-Malti fuq ruhu (bhalissa bil-brejk f'post griz)
  • Neebother - Thinking in the Cold
  • Malta, 9 Thermidor - The Right's Rottweiler
  • Aaron Farrugia's Blog - The beginning of the end of door-to-door visits?
  • Inutile de degeler - Cryptic stuff from the land of surrealism
  • Ajjut! Ajjut! - The aches and pains inflicted by Brand Malta
  • Lost in Thought - And Lots Going On
  • Mexxej Hassieb - Down, High and Out in Prague and Valletta
  • Kim Bah Lee - Bruxelles a l'anglaise